Wednesday 7th of July
St Aidan’s Church centre, 89 Miramar Ave
6.45pm come for a cup of coffee/tea and food .
7pm AGM will start.
Welcome to our Annual General Meeting, edition 2021. This hui is open to the public and will cover general business but also discuss the airport expansion. Below is the agenda of the meeting:
- Welcome and Introductions (Yvonne to Chair, Richard minutes, timekeeper);
- Those present;
- Minutes of the last AGM to be confirmed;
- Financial Report;
- Speakers Local residents of Strathmore Park and submitters at the recent WIAL hearing (Jeffery Weir and others if present) (10 minutes each);
- Presentation of the new mission statement (15 minutes):
• Finance implications of the new mission statement;
• Vote on the updated constitution.
- Election of the executive of Officers (two co-chairs and four executive members) (15 Minutes)
• Call for nominations;
• Nominees invited to speak;
- Update on airport expansion plan (5-10 minutes)
• Where is started: the Airport masterplan;
• Purchase of the golf course;
• Notice of Requirement – the two airport designation;
• Written submissions;
• Expert evidence from the Wellington City Council and Wellington International Airport Ltd;
• What is happening now?
- GotB strategy to maintain public engagement (5-10 minutes):
• maintain a connection with the community through website, social media, public meeting and comm campaign;
• with WCC: we need an open, unequivocal position on the expansion; who’s appointed at the board;
• with GWRC;
• with the government.
- Open the floor to discussion/questions.
Here are some relevant documents:
- Guardians of the Bays 2021 financial report;
- Guardians of the Bays 2020 AGM meeting minute;
- Notice of constitutional change.